Sarah Hegi Simpson
Hi! Thank you for your interest in Simpson Law. I hope I get the opportunity to work with you soon.
Here is a bit of background information on how I got here. I started my practice as a licensed patent and trademark attorney with a well-respected, distinguished local law firm in 2010. For ten years, as one of the only attorneys licensed to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in the West Texas area, I focused my practice on patent prosecution, trademark registration and prosecution, copyright registration, and various other intellectual property matters. During those ten years, I became a mom to three sweet and rowdy boys, and I found that I cherished my job as a mom as much as I loved my job as an intellectual property attorney. I started Simpson Law to better serve my clients and to better serve my family.
My intention is to build purposeful and meaningful partnerships with each and every one of my clients. I want your business to succeed and I will do everything in my power to help you succeed. I have represented large multinational corporations as well as new startup companies. From tech companies to wineries, healthcare entities to local restaurants, I have experience working with clients in a broad array of fields, and I would love the opportunity to help you grow your company and protect your brand.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Texas Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, Texas Tech University School of Law (2010) Magna Cum Laude
- Bachelor of Science, Texas A&M University (2007) Magna Cum Laude
- Super Lawyers 2021 Texas Rising Stars
- Top Attorneys 2019 – Intellectual Property – Lubbock Magazine
- Texas Trial & Appellate Procedure CALI Excellence for the Future Award Recipient
- Business Entities American Jurisprudence Award Recipient
- Oil & Gas American Jurisprudence Award Recipient
- State Bar of Texas
- Intellectual Property Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Lubbock County Bar Association
- Lubbock County Young Lawyers Association
- Senior Vice President and Legal Director of Caleb’s Closet – Foster Care Clothing Closet of Lubbock (2018 and 2019)
What is your favorite vacation spot?
Beautiful beaches—Maui with my husband or Watercolor with my family
What is your favorite food?
Sushi and TexMex
“Always do what you are afraid of doing.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
What is something most people do not know about you?
I served as the Victim Outreach Coordinator and helped secure the first posthumous DNA exoneration in the state of Texas for Mr. Timothy Brian Cole in 2009.